The aims of science at Holyoakes Field First School are;
- To encourage and develop children’s curiosity and fascination with their world and satisfy this curiosity with knowledge.
- To develop a balance of scientific skills using an investigative, illustrative and focused task approach.
- To develop the attitudes of curiosity, open-mindedness, perseverance, tolerance, co-operation, responsibility, critical awareness and originality.
- To encourage awareness of science and scientific advances outside the classroom that may impact on their lives.
- To provide science education which will be challenging to all pupils and ensure equality of opportunity.
- To support and develop children’s language development and enable pupils to become effective communicators.
Coordinator for Science is Miss Barke.