Activities to do at home
- Sing nursery rhymes with actions, our favourites at nursery are:
5 Little Monkeys Jumping on The Bed,
Head Shoulders Knees and Toes,
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- Role play together, put soft toys in a circle and pretend to have a teddy bears picnic
- Pretend to go shopping, give your child a bag and some pretend money.
- Plan a treasure hunt where your child has to listen to your instructions to find a clue or object.
- Play catch or football together.
- Make a photo-book or look through old photos and discuss things your child has done, discuss how they have changed since. E.g. learning to walk, learning to use a spoon.
- Draw a picture together and discuss what you’re drawing e.g. I am drawing a square house with a triangle roof.